Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel
Vergel Adriano Vergel Adriano is offline

Default How to be notified when user changes cell value in selected co

Jack,

The Worksheet_Change event fires whenever a cell value is modified. Wether
you're looking for immediate notification or not, I believe it is where you
will need to put your code. The example I gave gives immediate notification
to the user whenever a cell is modified in column I. If you don't need
immediate notification, you can use a Collection Object or an array to 'keep
track' of cells that were modified by putting such code in the
Worksheet_Change event..

Now, if what you mean by 'tell me that user has edited cell in selected
column' is that you send a spreadsheet to someone and when you get it back,
you want to know which cells were modified. Then, check out Excel's feature
for this. Tools-Track Changes-Highlight Changes.

"Jack" wrote:

It is not what I need.
I need something to tell me that user has edited cell in selected column.
Jack

"Vergel Adriano" wrote in message
In the change event of the Worksheet object, you'll need something like
this:

If Target.Column = 9 Then
MsgBox Target.Address & " was changed"

"Jack" wrote:

When user changes the cell value in selected column I would like to do
some
recalculation.
How to get such notification?
I am using vbasic and Excel automation.