Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default match vs find question

I would guess that Find is aesthetically better, as it is not Excel
dependent, and has more flexibility in the search pattern and then looking
for next. Match scores if you want to do a nearest value find. Horses for
courses I guess. I tend to use Application.Match in responses I give, but I
actually use Find more in my own code.

I have no idea if one is faster ( I would guess Find), never had the need to
time it.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasATmsn.com wrote in message
right now i'm using find to search a row of values for an item, if it find
it, i use the rngfound row to enter some data below. if it doesn't find
it, it adds an item to the range.

i could use application.match to return the position, too, so i'm just
wondering if one way is preferred over the other.

--

Gary