Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frederick Lorca Frederick Lorca is offline

Default Outlook attachments

Each Monday I run a VBA generated office inventory report in Excel. Each
employee's inventory is output to a separate worksheet tabbed with his or
her name. The VBA code includes a procedure that attaches each employee's
report to an Outlook e-mail. I've been running this program successfully
for a while now. Occasionally I attach a second file to everyones' report
when I consider it strategic or desirable to disseminate information that
way.

My question is this: I want to know if it's possible to force the
recipients of the e-mailed reports to open one file first. For example, if
the e-mail includes two attached files named ABC.xls and XYZ.doc and I want
each employee to open the XYZ file first, is there a way to programmatically
generate an error message denying access to the ABC file until the XYZ has
been opened?

Frederick Lorca