Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default Pass a string to an address

You can't assign an address to a range, the range's address is an
inherent property.

Looks like you really want to reassign the srcRngU range object variable
to a new range on sheet shtNm. Perhaps something like:

Set srcRngU = Worksheets(shtNm).Range(srcRngU.Address)

In article .com,
"Robert H" wrote:

In this snip I need to pass a range.address of a range to a string,
manipulate the strig and then pass it back to the range.address. the
first two steps are fine but I get an error "assignment to constant
not permited" when I try to pass the string back to the address.

Dim srcRngU as Range
Dim wrkAdd As String

srcRng is assigned to a range with removed code...

wrkAdd = srcRngU.Address
wrkAdd = Application.Substitute(wrkAdd, ",", "," & shtNm & "!")
wrkAdd = shtNm & "!" & wrkAdd
srcRngU.Address = wrkAdd <-------"assignment to constant not permited"
error here

This must be something simple!!!!! but I give up
help will be appreciated

Robert