Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Otto Moehrbach Otto Moehrbach is offline

Default Access to user-created menu

Bob
That never occurred to me. That's a good idea.
Can I ask you another related question?
In the macro call for a menu item, I want to pass a string value. Right
now, the macro contains only a MsgBox telling me the passed string. The
problem: The MsgBox fires twice (click OK and the MsgBox appears again).
If I do not pass a value and change the MsgBox to simply "Hello", the MsgBox
fires only once.
Is there a rationale for this? Thanks for your time. Otto
"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
You could always add the menu in the Workbook_Activate event rather than
Workbook_Open, and remove it in the Workbook_Deactivate. Other workbooks
won't even see it in that case.

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
Excel XP & Win XP
I have a user created menu that I built with John Walkenbach's easy
menu maker. The menu has about 30 items. Of course, the menu is
available to any open workbook besides the also-open intended workbook.
I know how to place code in each macro for each menu item to check the
active workbook name. My question is this: Can I prevent access or pop
up a MsgBox (and cancel) when the primary menu item is accessed with the
wrong workbook active, rather than do the same thing for each of the 30
menu item macros? Thanks for your time. Otto