Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JMay JMay is offline

Default How to control updating of random numbers

With Calculation set to Manual
From the Immediate Window:

? Range("B4").Calculate

Seems to work, So you could
Add a Forms Command Button
and assign the Macro named

UpdateB4

In a standard Module as follows

Sub UpdateB4
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B4").Calculate
End Sub

"JC Home" wrote in message
:

I have created a simple worksheet to help my kids practice math facts using
the "randbetween" function, but I also have an IF-THEN-ELSE to show them if
they are right. The problem is that as soon as they enter their values, new
values are generated and their answer is no longer correct. I went into the
options and made calculations manual, but then the answer is not updated
either.

Is there an easy way to select cells to update automatically (or after
pressing a button with a macro) while leaving the others with their original
values?
=randbetween(-12,12)
x =randbetween(-12,12)

=IF(B3=B1*B2,"Great!","Try Again")

I would like cells B1 and B2 to only be updated manually, but I would like
B4 to be updated either automatically or when they are finished with a sheet
and hit a button that says "Check answers" or something like that.

Thanks!

--
Jeff Ciaccio
Sprayberry High School