Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alan[_2_] Alan[_2_] is offline

Default Selecting 10 charcters on one cell and pasting to another cell

I believe that eAlchemist had the right idea, just didn't get the
coordinates correct:

Sub ButtonName_Click()
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1) = Left(ActiveCell.Offset(0, -3), 10)

Alan

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,
For example, I am working on cell G8. I would like to set up a button
that, once clicked, copies and pastes the first 10 characters from D8
and pastes it into H8. The same process would apply if I am on G33,
i.e.copy first 10 characters from D33 and paste into H33, etc, etc.

I can't figure it out.

Can someone help?
Tony