Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default code for counting/shifting

Have you tried looking in the vba help index for RESIZE, especially, RESIZE
PROPERTY
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"BorisS" wrote in message
what does the resize part do, just for my education?

Thx for the help to all.
--
Boris

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Dim rng as Range, cell as Range, cnt as Long
set rng = activecell.offset(0,1).Resize(1,10)
cnt = application.countA(rng)
for each cell in rng
if len(trim(cell.value)) 0 then
cell.Select
myprocedure
end if
Next

Tom Ogilvy

Assumes your procedure acts on the active cell. or just write your code
work with the range reference: cell (and skip the select command)

Tom Ogilvy

"BorisS" wrote:

I need some code to do the following:

1) start with a given cell
2) count how many of the 10 cells to the right of it are filled with
data
3) for each of those cells, perform a small procedure

My hangup right now is how to get the loop structured, as I always
screw up
the definitions of variables, as well as how to use them in code. So
if
anyone can give me the first part of this, I can fill in the procedure
inbetween the loop beginning and ending arguments.

Thx.
--
Boris