Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ian Kennedy Ian Kennedy is offline

Default calling a shared lib from VBA in Excel

Hi I'm attempting to call a function in a shared library from a VBA
macro in excel. This is a typical c function:

extern "C" bool SetBootstraps(int nBootstraps)

In VBA I have it declared as:

declare function SetBootstraps lib "mylib" (nBootstraps as long) as
Boolean

When I attempt to run this via the c debugger I don't get the value
passed down to excel that I would expect. What do I have to do to pass
variables down correctly. Do I need to use CDecl in the VBA or do I need
to use pascal in the C. Which is correct.

Also am I correct in thinking that the following is correct

VBA C
Integer short
Long int
Double double