Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Akash Akash is offline

Default Macro Required for Lookup Function

On Feb 22, 10:34 am, "Akash" wrote:
Hi,

I am facing some problem in regards to formula.

I have two sheets

1. Schedule
2. Input

In Shedule Sheet I have four columns:

Ref No Project Dwg. Unit Qty
01 KEVENTER KOLKATA PC-7001-3 6
02 CIPLA LTD, BADDI 7049-1A 1
03 CIPLA LTD, BADDI 7049-2A 1
04 CIPLA LTD, BADDI 7049-3A 1
05 CIPLA LTD, BADDI 7049-5A 1
06 CIPLA LTD, BADDI 7049-9A 1

the data of Schedule Work is entered in the this sheet.

Now In put sheet we have below mentioned columns:

1. Drg No
2. Project Name
3. FH
4. FL
5. RD
6. FPI
7. QTY
8. Ref No

Now I want a macro through which when ever i enter Ref No in the Input
sheet it should pick the value of Drg No/Project Name/Qty: from
Shedule sheet and paste it autometically in the Input sheet so that
the user had not to copy it again and again.

Right now i am using the belwo mentioned Formula...
=IF(TRIM(H5)="","",LOOKUP(H5,SCHEDULE!A3:A5000,SCH EDULE!C3:C5000))

I want a macro becoz the formula gets deleted by the users by mistake.
Then i had to sit to correct the Format everytime.

Awaiting for your help.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Akash

thanks a tonn..

it has been a very helpful tool which you had provided me...

Thanks

Akash