Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default How do I get input from an edit box to a worksheet?

Never did this with 5.0. Is 5.0 part of Offfice 97. If it is I know therre
are siggnificant differences.

"Brendan B." wrote:

Thanks. I'm working with an Excel 5.0 dialog box though--does this make a
difference? (Not using a userform...newbie...)

Thanks again.

"Joel" wrote:

In the VBA menu select view Properties windows and Project Manager. click
your form on the Prohject Manager window. Check the names of your forms. the
command you should be using is similar to this

Range("FirstNameBox").Text = Userform1.refedit1.text

"Brendan B." wrote:

I have been trying to get edit box input from the dialog box to my control
sheet and am stuck. I have done this before but it may have been on an
earlier version of excel. Here's what I thought I could do:

Range("FirstNameBox").Text = Sheets("control").Range("FirstName").Text

Where "FirstNameBox" is the named range for the edit box on the dialog sheet.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks