Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jmcclain jmcclain is offline

Default Recording macro to save file with name change

I have recorded a macro that will make multiple formatting changes to a .csv
file and then save it in a new directory.

The newly created file will have a new file name each day based on the
current date. For example, todays new file is "Outbound 02-22-07" and
tomorrows will be "Outbound 02-23-07" etc.

But when I look in the VBA editor, the code is specific to the file name at
the time the macro was recorded.

Is there a way to have the macro save it with a variable filename as I have
outlined above?

Any help would be appreciated - this is my jump into using macro's.

With Best Regards,

Jon