Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default How to discovery the color...

that would be the case if your using conditional formatting to apply the
color.

? xlAutomatic
-4105

For conditional formatting, you would have to check the same conditions you
have defined in the conditional formatting to see which condition is true.
There is no way to directly get the color produced by conditional formatting.

You can look at this, but I think you just need to check the condition which
you should know.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CFColors.htm

Tom Ogilvy

"Lisandro Oliveira" wrote:

Hi Tom,

The fixed color that is returning is "-4105"
Doesnt matter if it is blue or red, always return "-4105" from
r.Font.ColorIndex

Why??

This is the code:

For i = 0 To UBound(meuarray)
Range("A2").ClearFormats
Range("A2").Value = meuarray(i)
Set test = Range("A2")
If test.Font.ColorIndex = "3" Then
Cells(ll, col + 1).Select
Selection.Font.ColorIndex = 3
End If
Cells(ll, col + 1).Value = meuarray(i)
ll = ll + 1
Next

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

for the Font:
Dim r as Range
set r = range(€œA1€)

If r.Font.ColorIndex = 3 then
Msgbox €œred€
End if

if the cell background is red:

Dim r as Range
set r = range(€œA1€)

If r.Interior.ColorIndex = 3 then
Msgbox €œred€
End if

--
regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Lisandro Oliveira" wrote:

How can I know what is the color of the value of variable?
Example:

Cell A1 = €œtest€ (its in red)

VBA:

Dim var as string