Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
cebalaw cebalaw is offline

Default Excel VBA Program Won't Run After Auto-Save

I've been using VBA with Excel since 1995, and have been plagued with a
seemingly random error in every edition I've used. My programs always utilize
forms for entering, manipulating, and reporting data. The actual spreadsheets
are either hidden or minimized. On occasion, I would get the error:

The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The
memory could not be "read".

When you step through the program, it works fine. Just when it runs
automatically did the error occur. The fix? I delete the last bit of code
entered; save; re-enter the code EXACTLY as it was before; save. The error
would disappear.

Now my current problem, again I am getting this mysterious error. When the
user closes the main form, the program protects all the worksheets, then
prompts the user to save the program. If you choose yes, it executes the
following lines of code to save the program then closes Excel.

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.Save
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

When you reopen, it prompts to Enable Macros, but once enabled, it crashes.
To fix the error, I disable macros, save, and all is well.

Anybody have any ideas why this is happening, and better yet, how do i fix
it??