Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Andy Smith Andy Smith is offline

Default cannot record macro

You, and therefore I, am a little confused. You don't record formulas, you
only record macros. It seems like you have the formula you want (except that
all the semicolons should be commas), so what's to record? Or are you trying
to translate the formula into VBA code?

Maybe you should look at Application.WorksheetFunction.

--

--Andy Smith

"steven" wrote:

Hello i am trying to record a macro with the recorder but i get a "cannot
record macro" error message.

the formula i am trying to record is (this is the way it looks in excel
mode) :

IF(OR(E2="11 - MARKETING XXXXXXXX";E2="12 - MARKETING XXXXXXXXXX";E2="13 -
INTERNATIONAL MARKETING";E2="14-
XXXXXXXXXXXXX");VLOOKUP(H2;'[MARKETNGHELP.xls]vlookup'!$P:$Q;2;FALSE);VLOOKUP(E2;'[MARKEINGHELP.xls]vlookup'!$I:$J;2;FALSE))

why can't i record it? can someone give me the code to paste it directly in
a module?

thank you.

Steven.