Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ray Carter[_2_] Ray Carter[_2_] is offline

Default How can I link (not embed) to a graphic on the internet in Exc

Tim, That works great. When I am want to delete the image how is that done?
I am wanting to delete the image each time I leave the page. Any Ideas?

"Tim Williams" wrote:

Try this:

'**********
With ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert("http://www.google.com/images/logo_sm.gif")
.Top = Range("H3").Top
.Left = Range("H3").Left + Range("H3").Width - .Width
End With
'**********

Tim

"Ray Carter" wrote in message
Tim,
Thanks, That works great... However how can I place the graphic in a
specific location, or cell:
For example: I would like the graphic to be displayed in cell H3, right
justified.

the graphic seems to want to be center justified
any thoughts?

"Tim Williams" wrote:

ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert("http://www.google.com/images/logo_sm.gif").Select

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

"Ray Carter" wrote in message
I am wanting to use a graphic (online image) in my worksheet, or is
there a
way to test for internet access in excel. Either way what I want to do
is
have an 'Online' graphic display if they are connected to the internet.

My original thinking was to post the graphic on my website and simply
pull
it in and display it when they were connected. Can't figure that out
either....

If someone has a relatively easy way to do this could you please help.

Thanks in advance
Ray