Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Adding a Value List to Combo Box

where are you getting these instructions. Are they for Excel. I don't use
Access, but it seems It is possible in Access (although I believe the
correct way is a combination of the two ways you describe) - anyway to the
best of my knowledge it isn't possible in Excel for a listbox/combobox from
the control toolbox toolbar.

In excel, you can use additem to add items to a listbox or combobox at
runtime or assign the rowsource/listfillrange property to a range either
using the properties window or at runtime.

In excel, you can type in a comma separated list when using the the list
option under Data =Validation (method #2). This is a form of combobox.

Tom Ogilvy

"kirkm" wrote in message
I thought this would be easy!

My instructions are

Set the Row source Type property to Value List

0n the Data tab of the property sheet,
click .... to open the Edit List Items
dialog box, and then type the items on
separate lnes.

However I have no such Selection available in RowSource.

Another instruction says

The combo and list box controls allow you to enter a list of items.
When you choose this route, you enter in the control's Row Source
property a setting in the form of

"item1";"item2";"item3"

But if I enter that into RowSource, Excel tells me

Could not set the RowSource property. Invalid property value.

Very frustrating! Anyone know why this isn't working?

Thanks - Kirk