Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Looking for DMEDIAN

D functions are much faster - if you have already made provision for using
the separate criteria range, then I think it would be personal choice on
which you use.

Tom Ogilvy

"AnandaSim" wrote:

Thanks very much Tom. I was just thinking of this since in the same
project in another worksheet, I had come up with that for other
aggregate measures. However, it has been two years and I almost forgot
this.

Given that I have to use D functions for average, max, std dev, do you
think I would be better off with the array formulae?

Thanks

Ananda

On Feb 20, 3:25 pm, "Tom Ogilvy" wrote:
=Median(if(A1:A20="AA",B1:B20))
entered with Ctrl+shift+enter rather than just enter since this is an array
formula

column A contains the conditional data and column B the numbers to use for
the median

=Median(if((A1:A20="AA")*(C1:C20="CC"),B1:B20))
entered with Ctrl+shift+enter rather than just enter since this is an array
formula

shows how to have conditions in Column A and C

Tom Ogilvy