Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default How to open Word from Excel with VBA (Office 2003)

try rebooting your system and trying it.

If word is registered and closed when you run the code, it should work.

It is possible you have started multiple instances of word and they are
taking up all your memory. You can use task manager to see before you
reboot.

Tom Ogilvy

"Daniel Hohenberger" wrote:

Hi.
I'm trying to build a organization chart from data I have in a excel sheet. As I
understand http://support.microsoft.com/default...b/317293/en-us I need to
open Word to create the chart there and then copy'n'paste it to my excel file.

When trying to run the demo code, Excel just aborts without as much as an error
dialog. when debugging, I found out it only goes to the line

Set oCurWorkApplObj = CreateObject("Word.Application")

and then nothing happens. In debugging mode, it just restarts from the beginning
after that line.

Can anyone here give me a hint, what might go wrong or what I might do to find
out what exactly goes wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel