Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dean[_8_] Dean[_8_] is offline

Default Increase font size within my formula bar

I missed your post when I replied to Mike. I noticed this, too. It is a
big help. I think I already have a zoom drop down which I use often, so it
is easy for me.

Thanks!
Dean

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:21:13 -0800, "Dean"
wrote:

I finally replaced my old CRT style monitor whose brightness had gotten
really bad with a 19" flat panel. I didn't realize until I'd gotten it
home
that it is a widescreen one and am not sure if that is good or bad - any
thoughts, given that most of what I create is delivered to end users who
may
not have widescreens?. I am older and often need reading glasses though,
by
sitting aways from my monitor and playing with settings, I can usually
avoid
using them. I actually prefer the 800 by 600 display resolution but, on
the new monitor, I really notice some fuzziness in the characters! Since
95% of what I do is in EXCEL, I have a few questions to ask this forum:

The monitor recommended 1140 by 900 resolution and I am trying to adapt to
that, since it seems to create the sharpest characters, albeit small ones.
I program hairy equations in EXCEL and spend most of my time editing
equations in the formula bar. Though I can easily change the size of the
EXCEL display to suit my tastes, I don't seem to be able to increase the
size of the characters within the formula bar which are too small to read
comfortably - is there a way to do that, short of resetting the display
resolution via the control panel?

Perhaps if, instead of editing your formulas in the formula bar, you
edited
them in the cells, you could use the ZOOM feature to enlarge the worksheet
display without changing the font size or screen resolution. Check Zoom
under
the View menu.

--ron