Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vergel Adriano[_2_] Vergel Adriano[_2_] is offline

Default Saving a workbook to a specific directory

Chris,

The call to GetSaveAsFilename will only display the "Save As" dialog and
allow you to get a filename from the user. It will not save the file.. To
do the save as, you can add these lines of code after the call to
GetSaveAsFilename

If MyPath < "False" Then
ThisWorkbook.SaveAs MyPath
End If

Or, if you want to save the current active workbook, you can use

If MyPath < "False" Then
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs MyPath
End If

"Chris Hankin" wrote in message

Thanks Vergel for your help.

I am still having difficulty saving my workbook to the desired directory
location. I changed the macro code to:

Sub Save_to_Dir()
'
'Save to Dir
'

Dim MyPath As String

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

MyPath = "G:\WLMAEWCSPO\LMU\LOGISTICS PREPAREDNESS SYSTEMS\LOGISTICS
SYSTEMS\LOGSYS3\LOCAL PURCHASE\ON-LINE DEMAND REQUESTS\"

MyPath = Application.GetSaveAsFilename("G:\WLMAEWCSPO\LMU\L OGISTICS
PREPAREDNESS SYSTEMS\LOGISTICS SYSTEMS\LOGSYS3\LOCAL PURCHASE\ON-LINE
DEMAND REQUESTS\AEWCSPO Online Demand Request")

End Sub

Could you please review the changed macro code and advise where I am
going wrong?

Kind regards,

Chris.