Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] sonny.vinyard@gmail.com is offline

Default wher to put the code

This code looks like what I want to accomplish. I thought I could put
it in as a module and then run it from the macro toolbar, but I'm
obviously wrong. Sorry I'm a noob. Where do I put this?

Usage: MoveCell("myword")

Sub MoveCell(ByVal sSearchString As String)
Dim cell As Range
Set cell = FindCell(sSearchString, Sheets(1).Cells)
If cell Is Nothing Then
'action to take of no match
Else
cell(0, -1).Value = cell.Value

Function FindCell(searchFor As String, _
searchRange As Range) As Range

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
With searchRange

Set FindCell = .Find(what:=searchFor, After:=.Cells(.Cells.Count),
_
LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False)

End With
End Function