Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Cancel Button in User Form does not rever to original state

Another option would be to drop the controlsource and just pick up the values in
the initialize procedure.

And write the new values in the "Ok" button procedure.

wrote:

I have a User Form with five check boxes. The default setting for the
check boxes is FALSE.

When I open the user form and select some of them and then hit the
CANCEL commandbutton (the idea being that I dont want to make any
changes afterall), the cells chosen as the ControlSoruce retain the
TRUE value.

What I want it to do is for it to return to the state the check boxes
had when the User Form was open - whether that be TRUE or FALSE.
While the default state is false, in some cases selections may have
been made previously.

The code associated to the Cancel Button is:

Private Sub cb_Cancel_Click()

Unload Me

End Sub

I thought that this was the code to use to achieve cancel any actions
taken on a user form. Obviously not.

What do I need to do?

Thank you.

--