Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] bird_222@my-deja.com is offline

Default Can I use the result of an array calculation inside a regular formula?

On Feb 18, 8:34 am, wrote:
On Feb 18, 4:49 am, "Bob Phillips" wrote:

I think that it is.

Can you give more details of the problem, and we can address it directly
rather than trying to interpret what you are saying.

--
---
HTH

Bob

wrote in message

oups.com...

I know I can do an array calculation in one cell (for example A1) and
reference A1 in a normal formula. However, is it possible to have the
array formula inside the normal formula? I hope that made sense.

TIA

Ok. I want to use the result of
{=MAX((ISNUMBER(SEARCH(B1,A2:A7)))*ROW(A2:A7))} (btw B1 is a text
string and the result of the is the number 5 in my case). I want to
use this number 5 as part of a range in another formula. For example,
=sum("D"&5:D25).

I want the array formula inside the sum formula like this
=sum("D"&{MAX((ISNUMBER(SEARCH(B1,A2:A7)))*ROW(A2: A7))}:D25).