Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Workbook_SheetSelectionChange in going infinite

The line you posted will not cause the loop, but a selection will. Normally
you can avoid selecting cells by using range objects and such but you can
turn off events if that is the course you want to follow. Try something like
this. Note it is a good idea to use an error handler with this type of code...

On Error GoTo ErrorHandler
Application.EnableEvents = False
'your code here
ErrorHandler:
Application.EnableEvents = True
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"sency" wrote:

I am calling a macro from Workbook_SheetSelectionChange() where in i am using
something like :
lastCol = ws.Range("A1:IV1").cells.SpecialCells(xlLastCell). Column which
goes back to my Workbook_SheetSelectionChange() routine again, effecting an
infinite loop. How can i proceed with this code? How can i stop it from going
back to Workbook_SheetSelectionChange() whenever i make a range selection??

thanks in advance, Sency.