Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CAPTGNVR CAPTGNVR is offline

Default ASSIGNING THE VALUE TO A NAMED RANGE GIVING OBJECT DEFINED ERROR

On Feb 16, 11:43 pm, Dave Peterson wrote:
Names("REF_NUMBR").referstorange.Value = RCOUNT

But I like:
worksheets("Somesheet").range("ref_number").value = rcount

CAPTGNVR wrote:

DEAR ALL

I intended to use the result of RCOUNT variable to various other
procedures.

So I have named a cell by name REF_NUMBR.

Flg is the vb code:
Set COL_F = Range("F5.F20")
RCOUNT = Application.CountA(COL_F)
100 Names("REF_NUMBR").Value = RCOUNT

but at line 100 it gives error saying application-defined or object-
defined error.
Then I made it as activeworkbook.Names("REF_NUMBR").Value = RCOUNT
and it accepts.

Instead of the above if i use Range("REF_NUMBR").Value = RCOUNT
it takes the value.

Earlier i was using activesheet.range("a1").value = RCOUNT and was
referring to this range.

Pls advice how to use the line 100 correctly using the 'NAMES' and
shortest code.

--

Dave Peterson

Thnk u Dave. Frankly on this ship I have learnt so many things thro
this forum thanks to u. I got what i wanted. How to use the property
names. It worked. Can u take me to the next step?? Instead of
writing the whole thing like ---
worksheets("Somesheet").range("ref_number").value = rcount--- can u
suggest how to set this as public and set a variable so that i can
reference this without having the need to type the whole thing.