Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Copy and Paste Charts as Picture in Different Workbook

Test my earlier example with a few charts on a sheet, amend the sheet
references to suit. Notice the bit about changing newly pasted pictures
positions to same Left & Top properties of the copied chartobject.

Regards,
Peter T

"SteveC" wrote in message
Based on already what I have coded, this will probably work best for me:

Workbooks("Hot

List.xls").Sheets("Snapshot").Range("c48:i64").Cop yPicture _
Appearance:=xlScreen, Format:=xlPicture

With ThisWorkbook.Sheets(ShName).Range("c48").Select
ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Format:="Picture (Enhanced Metafile)", _
Link:=False, DisplayAsIcon:=False

End With

The trick is getting this picture into the the new worksheet and in the
right place (c48) of the new worksheet. Instead I'm finding the picture
being pasted in the top left corner of the source page (Hot List.xls /
Snapshot). Not the new workbook / worksheet as defined by
"ThisWorkbook.Sheets(ShName).

Dim I As Integer
Dim ShName As String
Dim Sht As Worksheet
Dim buttoms As Shape

and this piece of code doesn't help, deleting all shapes including

pictures:

For Each buttoms In ThisWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Shapes
buttoms.Delete
Next

A big headache. thanks for everyone for taking a look; don't really

expect
a response to this, but had to try.

SteveC