Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel
Fred Fred is offline

Default generate a list from a single row of data

Using Excel 97, I have a spreadsheet of Project Reports, arranged
across the sheet as follows :

Column A thru I are templates, hidden from the Project Managers
Column J I want to have a table of project names that are in the
worksheet
Column K is blank
Column L is the labels/descriptions for rows going across the
worksheet
Rows 4 - 29 Various Dates/contacts etc.
Rows 30--53 Month labels for 2 years of resource forecast data
Column M, rows 4-29 blank
rows 30-53 Project Manager absence (vacation/training) forecasts
Column N is a Summary row of Project Managers forecast time for all
projects & absence
Rows 4-29 blank
Rows 30-53 a total, using sumif, to match the team name with the
Project Manager team name
Column O rows 4-29 Various Dates/Contacts etc (see Column L above)
Rows 30-53 Project Managers forecast time for this project
Column P for a variable number of columns (based upon the number of
team entries)
Rows 4-29 overlaid with a free-form Text Box for PMs to report
project status/issues etc
Column P for a variable number of columns (based upon the number of
team entries)
Rows 30-53 Forecast resource requirements for each team

Columns O and column P, for a variable number of columns, are repeated
for each project the PM is managing.

Row 3 Column O contains the project name of the first project
Row 3 in the last but one column of a project contains the word Status
Row 3 in the last column of the project contains a RAG indicator for
the project Red/Amber/Green)

What I would like to be able to do is generate a table of Project
Names in Column J, omitting all the blanks, Status and RAG
indicators. I know where the first project name is (O3), but,
thereafter, it could be in any column across row 3 of the worksheet,
apart from the last and last-but-one for each project.

Can anyone offer a solution to the above please ?

Regards
Fred