Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jantje Jantje is offline

Default variable or propertie 'name' for self written sub or function

On 15 feb, 14:47, "Chip Pearson" wrote:
Jan,

Seehttp://www.cpearson.com/excel/InsertProcedureNames.htmfor code that
will automatically insert a CONST statement in to each procedure in a
module. The value of the CONST declaration is the name of the procedure that
contains it. Once you run this, you can use that constant's name (which you
supply) in your error handling message. E.g,

ErrHandler:
MsgBox "Error: " & CStr(Err.Number) & vbCrLf & _
"Descsrption: " & Err.Description & vbCrLf & _
"In Procedu " & C_PROC_NAME

Where C_PROC_NAME is the constant containing the name of the procedure. You
choose the name "C_PROC_NAME" (it can be any syntactically correct constant
name) and the code automatically insert into each procedure in the module a
declaration like

Const C_PROC_NAME = "MyProcName"

The code on the pagehttp://www.cpearson.com/excel/InsertProcedureNames.htm
assume that you are somewhat familiar, at least at a conceptual level, with
using VBA code to write more VBA code. This is described in some detail with
lots of examples onwww.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Jantje" wrote in message

oups.com...

Hi, i just made a small sub 'logError' that writes the date, time,
err.Number and err.Description to a specified worksheet. I also want
to write the name of the Sub or Function that caused the error to be
raised...
Now i have to change the parameter each time i'm using the statement
'logError Date, Time, Err.Number, Err.Description, "name for sub or
function" '.
Can someone tell me if there's a variable to use that has the name of
a self made sub or function?
I hope the question is clear enough...
Thanks
jan- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

Thank you very much Chip, I'll give this one a try...
unfortunately i have lots of procedures/functions on
worksheet_activate's (and less in modules)... but I think this will
come in handy...
Greetz,
Jan