Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default VBA Variables....

I also tested before I sent and it does copy a2 down to the ACTIVECELL row.
So, if you select row 10 in ANY column it will copy a2 down to a10.
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"MarkHear1" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 15 Feb, 13:46, "Don Guillett" wrote:
Your problem appears to be that you are trying to offset a1 -1 column.

Try this to fill down from a2 to the activecell in column A

Sub filldowntoactivecell()
range("a2:a"&activecell.Row).filldown

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"MarkHear1" wrote in
message

oups.com...

I am still having problems with my varaibles. Below is the code i have
written, can anybody offer any help as to why it is not working?

Dim BottomRow As Range
Set BottomRow = ActiveCell

Range("a2").Select
Dim Beginning As Range
Set Beginning = ActiveCell

Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range(Beginning, BottomRow.Offset(0,
-1)), Type:=xlFillDefault

Many Thanks,
Mark- Hide quoted text -

I tested that code, and it doesn't copy the value in a2 down - do you
have any other suggestions?