Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Vlookup question

Could you expand, that looks pretty dynamic to me. You don't have to
hard-code the test values, you could put those in cells and reference the
cells.

--
---
HTH

Bob

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 15, 9:33 am, "Bob Phillips" wrote:
Change the table slighlty

Loan Rating Weight Item Rating Weight
0 1 4 Capital 1 3
10000 2 4 Revenue 2 3
25000 3 4 Unknown 3 3
50000 4 4
75000 5 4
100000 6 4

and use

=VLOOKUP(15000,A2:C7,2,TRUE)*VLOOKUP(15000,A2:C7,3 ,TRUE)+
VLOOKUP("Revenue",D2:F4,2,FALSE)*VLOOKUP("Revenue" ,D2:F4,3,FALSE)

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

wrote in message

oups.com...

HI Group,
I have been asked to work out a risk assessment based on some of the
following grid/variables (there are 3 more to build...)

Loan Rating Weight Item Rating Weight
10000 1 4 Capital 1 3
25000 2 4 Revenue 2 3
50000 3 4 Unknown 3 3
75000 4 4
100000 5 4
1000000 6 4

For example, If an applicant has the following criteria...

Loan Item
15000 Revenue

...then the risk rating is (2 x 4) + (2 x 3) = 14

I have done a bit of searching and think I need Vlookup but I am not
sure to implement the logic.

Can someone help.

Thanks
Chris- Hide quoted text -

HI Bob,
Thanks for the reply and suggestion.
I was hoping maybe for a more dynamic solution as I have to apply this
logic to 1500 applications which span 5 sets of text variables. If you
could supply the basics I was hoping to extend it to 5 sets of
variables.

Thanks
Chris