Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default conditional format: looking for formated

The easiest is to check the same condition the conditional format is
checking. (which is what I assume you mean by mimic the vlookup).

Chip Pearson shows how to do this without knowing beforehand what that
condition is.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CFColors.htm

Tom Ogilvy

"Candyman" wrote in message
I want to hide other rows that Do NOT have aconditional format.. We have a
VLOOKUP driving the conditional formating. It turns the cells RED. I
want
to examine the cells in the rows and hide the rows that do not have the
conditionalformat changed to RED.

I tried but it did not pick uo the color index:
If Cells(x, i).Interior.ColorIndex = 3 then Cells(x,
i).entirerow.hidden=true

The cells.ColorIndex always come back as "-4142". If I format a cell to
RED
then it will return a value of 3.

How do i pick the cells that were turned RED via conditional formatting?

OR do I have to mimic the VLOOKUP formula,(could get messy.

Thanks