Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Macro to Automate Text Import for Multiple Files

Macros live in workbooks. And to run the macro, the workbook has to be open.

With a procedure like this, I'd create a dedicated workbook with this single
macro. I'd plop a button from the Forms toolbar on the only worksheet in the
workbook. Then I'd assign this macro to the button.

Then whenever I needed this functionality, I'd open this workbook and click that
big old button.

wrote:
<<snipped

Thank you kindly for the help. The code worked great. Now I have
another, very novice question. Where do I put/save this macro so
that, when I'm in Excel, I can run it. Right now it's saved in a
Macro-enabled workbook. Is opening the workbook with the macro in it
the only way to use the macro? Thanks again!

--

Dave Peterson