Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Combining Variables Into A Single Output Cell

vba help index
DateSerial Function

Returns a Variant (Date) for a specified year, month, and day.

Syntax

DateSerial(year, month, day)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Chergh" wrote in message
Hi Folks,

I've been working with some database data which stores the date as an
integer (a different integer to that which Excel uses). To calculate the
day,
month and year I do the following calculations:

y = Fix(ActiveCell / 65536)
m = Fix((ActiveCell - (y * 65536)) / 256)
d = Fix((ActiveCell - (y * 65536)) - (m * 256))

I now want to combine d, m and y into a single cell in the format off
dd/mm/yyyy but don't have a clue how anyone able to help?