Bryan Hessey

It's always a problem to write a 'push' option into a system that is
basically a 'Pull' system, ie, the formula is normally in the receiving
cell.

Does you reference to VBA mean that you could add a button, and use a
cell on your current worksheet to indicate the columns in the Annual
sheet into which to put the data, something like if you put F (for
column F on Sheet2) into cell A1 and

cn = Range("A1").value
Range("Sheet2!" & cn & "10") = Range("a10").Value
Range("Sheet2!" & cn & "11") = Range("b10").Value

or a row number someting like: A1 contains 20

rw = Range("A1").value
Range("Sheet2!a" & rw).Value = Range("A10").Value
Range("Sheet2!b" & rw).Value = Range("B10").Value

to copy A10 and B10 to Sheet2 cell F10 and F11 as a column thing, or
to copy A10 and B10 to Sheet2 cell A20 and B20 as a row thing.

Your totals would then copy to Sheet2 (your annual sheet etc) whenever
you pressed the button, and would use the value from A1 (or other
designated cell)

Is this in the right direction?

Inneed Wrote:
I have a worksheet (named monthly) with a column of data under a certain
month (which will change each time data is entered - stocktake). However
this column needs to be edited each month and has formula's in it so it
will work (not always the same data in the column).

I decided to put this data into a yearly sheet under the particular
month. The only way I can do it at the moment is to copy and paste
special. How do I (or is there a way to) put this data in a sheet that
has all the months but under the month that is signified.

In other words I don't want formula's in the yearly sheet (can't use
vlookup) as I want to keep this sheet with all the data in it!

I'm sure it's really simple but I have read the VBA help files and they
don't help me.

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=396035