Bryan Hessey

Andy,

Can you format the column to Text format before entering data? or is
there other problems caused by that.

[

QUOTE=Andy]When entering an alpha-numeric value into a cell such as
5E100, Excel
automatically converts this to the scientific numeric value. I know
that this
can be over-ridden by placing an ' before the text, though I need to
upload
the Excel file into a software programme and the ' is causing a
problem.

Is there anyway to just have the alpha-numeric entry, but somehow
'fudge'
the format to ensure that it does not deafult to the scientific format.
When
changing the format of the cell, it does not seem to revert back to
5E100,
regardless of the format.

--
Bryan Hessey