Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Dumping data to .pdf, taking screenshots, mirroring a sheet, or other report type?

Private Sub Workbook.Open()
activesheet.usedrange.formula = activesheet.usedrange.value
Activeworkbook.SaveAs "C:\Archive\" & format(date-1,"yyyymmdd") & ".xls"
ActiveWorkbook.SendMail "
ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False
End Sub

in the Thisworkbook module.

Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
create a new sheet lacking formulas but containing the values and
formatting

Sub MakeRecord()
activesheet.copy
activesheet.usedrange.formula = activesheet.usedrange.value
Activeworkbook.SaveAs "C:\Archive\" & format(date-1,"yyyymmdd") & ".xls"
ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False

Tom Ogilvy

"S Davis" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello all,

I have a tool that essentially takes a snapshot of the current status
of the company. This is run every morning to encompass the entire
previous day's activities.

The next step in progression with this tool is to send a summary out
to all managers / VP's, etc. I'd love to come up with something in VBA
to make this easier. Currently this already logs all data into access
for historical tracking over time, but I would prefer to come up with
a way to either take a screenshot, create a pdf of the sheet, or
create a new sheet lacking formulas but containing the values and
formatting.

This is a long shot, but can it be done?