Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Saintsman Saintsman is offline

Default Insert row above subtotal

Tom
There are formula I'm afraid. I defined range & following inserts row above,
what I now need to do is fill the row with previous row formula

Dim rng As Range
Set rng = Range("subtotal")
rng.EntireRow.Insert
??fill row with formula from inserted row()-1 ??

Thanks for your help

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Assuming subtotals are the only formulas

set rng = Columns(3).Specialcells(xlFormulas)
rng(1).EntireRow.Insert

Tom Ogilvy

"Saintsman" wrote in message
I need to insert a row above a subtotal row
[=SUBTOTAL(9,C$1:INDIRECT(CELL("address",OFFSET(C11 ,-1,0))))]

rows 1 - 10 contain data
row 11 = subtotal row 1-10
rows 12 - 15 contain data
row 16 = subtotal 1-15 (Grand Totals)

I need a macro that will insert a row above row 11 - which then becomes
row
12 & then repeat as needed ie always insert a row above the subtotal row.