Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Combining Columns (Bracketing Text)

Think you left something out of your statement

If any of the cells in one column ? ? ?,

Also, What do you mean by bracket?

Do you want to indicate missing values by putting brackets in the string

"AAA" & "()"

If you physically want to put in the brackets

Dim rng as Range, rng1 as Range
set rng = Intersect(Range("A:B"),Activesheet.UsedRange)
On Error Resume Next
set rng1 = rng.Specialcells(xlBlanks)
On error goto 0
if not rng1 is nothing then
rng1.Value = "()"
End if

Tom Ogilvy

"Michael Koerner" wrote in message
I have a need to combine two columns, which I can do using the features
from PUP 6. What I would like to know how to do before I combine the
columns, if any of the cells in one column, (bracket) that information
before combining

--

Regards
Michael Koerner