Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] annysjunkmail@tiscali.co.uk is offline

Default conditional formatting question

On Feb 13, 12:27 pm, Martin Fishlock
wrote:
You need to do have some formula to workout the percentage correct.

Excel cannot do that It is very difficult to workout a percentage of
correctness for a sentance.

But once you have devised a way of working out the %age you put the answer
in a cell and then use the conditional formatting on that cell as a formula.

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

" wrote:
Hi,
I preparing a French revision spreadsheet and trying to set up the
following, without much success.
In ColA I have English sentences. In Col B I have the correct French
translation of these sentences. (The sentences vary in length)
I want to hide Col B (I can do that!) and then I want to type in ColC
my version of the French translation of Col A.
Here's the part I can't do...
If I get it wrong (i.e. less than 75%), when comparing ColC to ColB, I
want to Excel to higlight the cell in red, if I get at least 75%-99%
of the sentence right I want Excel to highlight the cell in yellow and
if I get the translation 100% correct I want Excel to highlight the
cell in green.
I know it's got something to do with conditional formatting but I
cannot work out the logic to highlight cells based on percentage
correct...can someone help moi!

Thanks for reading and helping

Tony- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for replying Martin,
The reason that I asked is that I have seen this technique used in
quiz spreadsheets at http://www.quiz-zone.co.uk and I thought I could
extend it to my french revision spreadsheet. I didn't realise that it
was as difficult - looks like they have found a way to work out %

Tony