Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ray S. Ray S. is offline

Default Pasting clipboard to Excel sheet

Great. That works fine. Now, how do I save the active sheet to a specified
location and filename?

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Range("A1").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

Tom Ogilvy

"Ray S." wrote in message
That's a real good thought, but I cannot use the get external data query.
first have to sign into the web site and there is an active script that
runs
after I log in. I can only select an item from a drop down box then click
button. A page pops up with the data without a page url. No matter what
options I choose in the get external data query, I get nothing. I can
select
the data and use Ctrl-C to copy it to the clipboard. I then wanted some
code
that will dump the clipboard contents to a spreadsheet.

"Knut" wrote:

Check out excel help for "get external data" or "web-query" or sth like
that, I dont have excel at hand right now so I dont remember the exac
terms...

"Ray S." skrev i melding
I have to copy and paste text data from a web-based report into an Excel
spreadsheet. I then clean up the spreadsheet data by several macros and
transfer it to MS Access for further processing there. What I'd like to
do
is
automate and simiplify the process as much as possible. I can't avoid
selecting the web report data and copying it into the clipboard with
Ctrl-C,
but I'd like to automate the opening of Excel and pasting the
information
from the clipboard...and even the saving of the Excel file to a
predetermined
folder location. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Can I do it from
an
Access module, or does it have to be done from Excel? I'm more familiar
with
Access than I am with Excel.