Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] Shaka215@gmail.com is offline

Default Making Excel understand the diffrence in capitialization?

On Feb 12, 10:35 pm, "NickHK" wrote:
Works for me.
Are you sure ActiveCell is pointing to the correct cell that contains such
chars ?

NickHK

wrote in message

oups.com...
On Feb 12, 10:08 pm, "NickHK" wrote:

What about setting the MatchCase argument to True?

NickHK

wrote in message

oups.com...
Hey,

Interesting problem...How do I go about doing this? I need Excel to
understand the value of capitalized letters and not automatically
replace based on its value... Take a look at code below.

Sub Eng_to_code

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
ActiveCell.Replace What:="A", Replacement:="Ø"
ActiveCell.Replace What:="a", Replacement:="-æ-"

End Sub

Sub Code_to_Eng

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
ActiveCell.Replace What:="Ø", Replacement:="A"
ActiveCell.Replace What:="-æ-", Replacement:="a"

End Sub

The problem is the code automatically makes the value of the cell into
"ØØ" if "Aa" is the active cell value when it should be "Ø-æ-". Any
ideas on how to get VB to understand the diffrence of a capital
letter? Thanks!

Nick,

Tried the following... and still had no resolution. The screen
flickers but it doesn't do anything more...maybe I'm missing
something? Thanks for the help man!

Sub Eng_to_code()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
ActiveCell.Replace What:="A", Replacement:="Ø", MatchCase:=True
ActiveCell.Replace What:="a", Replacement:="-æ-", MatchCase:=True
End Sub

Sub Code_to_Eng()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
ActiveCell.Replace What:="Ø", Replacement:="A", MatchCase:=True
ActiveCell.Replace What:="-æ-", Replacement:="a", MatchCase:=True
End Sub- Hide quoted text -

ActiveCell = The right cell...Ill try absolute refrencing but I'm
using Excel 2003 so I don't know if that makes a diffrence? The code's
logic make sense but it's not doing what I need it to do. I ran some
code that did Application.Calculation = xlManual earlier...could this
be messing it up?