Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] dfitting@lutron.com is offline

Default Can any one help me update my database?

Please help if you can. I can not find an answer anywhere.....

I have created an Excel form (*.xlt) file that will let a
user add a record to a database. In order for the user to
add the record they manually have to "Save As" the form.
When they do this, a dialog box pops up asking them if
they want to create a new record in the database or not,
once they say OK to this box, the "Save As" dialog box
pops up and they are prompted for a file name.

I would like to put all these steps into a macro which
would automatically assume that they want to create a new
record and would save the file as a default name without
displaying the SAVE AS box or the alert that tells the
user that a file by that name already exists.

I have tried recording my steps but the only thing that
gets recorded is the SAVE AS procedure and when I run the
macro it will save the form but won't add a record to the
database. I obviously need to manually add some code to
my macro but I don't know where to find it.

Thanks very much.
Dan