Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Use VBA (Macro) to Update Existing Macro

exporting a module does not remove the module. You would need to delete it
before importing a new one.

http://tinyurl.com/33edbs
has a list of articles discussing the bloodhound virus problem.

Tom Ogilvy

"Jordan Marton" wrote:

I have seen that site. I tried the following code:

Sub CopyModule()
Dim FName As String
With Workbooks("MasterBook")
FName = .Path & "\code.txt"
.VBProject.VBComponents("Module1").Export FName
End With
Workbooks("OldFile").VBProject.VBComponents.Import FName
End Sub

Figured I could export then import into the new excel file. Problem
is, my virus program keeps blocking me from saving this code, says it
is a Bloodhound virus or something. I am on a corporate network and
turning the virus checker off is not an option. Any other ideas?

On Feb 12, 9:36 am, Tom Ogilvy
wrote:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm

should give you the ins and outs of writing code to manipulate code.

Hopefully your projects are not protected in any of the workbooks.

Tom Ogilvy

"Jordan Marton" wrote:
Hi.

I have about 100 files that have the same embedded macro in them. I
need to update one of the functions that is contained in the macro
code.

I know how to loop through all the files, open each one, and save/
close them.

What I don't know how to do is modify the embedded macro functions.

Can someone please tell me how I can replace a function with a new one
automatically so I don't have to open the code editor for each one.

Thanks- Hide quoted text -