Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
asburypark98[_2_] asburypark98[_2_] is offline

Default update file by DDE

On 12 Feb, 15:25, Tom Ogilvy
wrote:
I believe SetLinkOnData is only assigned while the workbook is open. It
isn't a permanent setting.
You need to set it each time you open the workbook. That said, you don't
use setlinkondata to create a dde connection - that is done with a cell
formula and there is no reason to have setlinkondata unless you need a macro
to react to the "linked" cell being updated via dde.

Tom Ogilvy

Hi Tom!
you're right about SetLinkOnData.
My English is not so good.. so it'll have some
mistake.
The command works right and it updates my file.
My problem is in the first routine (sub verification () ),
that is in the loop...
Every file the Sub verification() opens, is passed
in the Sub LinkList().
But the loop (it stays in sub verification() ) runs
fast and opens one by one all the files.
How can I write the loop that opens one file,
the it goes into the Sub LinkList (then I'd like
to save it, after the update), then opens the second
file, goes into the Sub LinkList and so on ?

In other words, I don't want the loop open all files
at the same time.

Thank you very much for your kindly attention,

sincerely,
d.