Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stan Stan is offline

Default HIGHLIGHT THE COMLETE LINE THE CURSOR IS ON AS I SCROLL

Thank you for your reply. I tried the view code ypui supplied and cannot get
it to
operate. I am writing it just as I see it. Do I havea sytax error ? I have
not used this function in the past so I cannot troubleshoot the proble.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

right click on the sheet tab and select view code

in the resulting module put in code like this:

Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange( _
ByVal Sh As Object, _
ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
rows.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
Target.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 ' yellow - change as needed
End Sub

Note that if you try to paste a range, more than likely you won't be able to
do it and you won't be able to undo as this will clear both the clipboard (of
copied ranges) and the undo history. That is just a deleterious side
effect.

Tom Ogilvy

"STAN" wrote:

I NEED TO HIGHLIGHT THE LINE THAT THE CURSOR IS ON AUTOMATICLY , SO AS I MOVE
THRU A LARGE SPREAD SHEET, I CAN CHECK ALL INFO ON THAT LINE.
I DO NOT WANT TO HIGHLIGHT THE COLUMN. ANY IDEAS HOW TO DO THAT.
TRY TO READ INFROMATION ON A LINE WHEN YOU HAVE 20 COLUMNS OF DATA
ON 500 LINES.