Biff

Hi!

So, what exactly do want to sum? (where is it?)

What if today is August 6? There aren't 7 days worth of data to sum!

One way.....

Assume row 1, A1:AE1, are the date headers in the format 8/1/2005

To sum the last 7 entries in row 2 from todays date (inclusive):

=IF(COUNT(2:2)<7,"Insufficient
Data",SUM(OFFSET(A2,,MATCH(TODAY(),A1:H1,0)-1,,-7)))

Biff

"Kstalker" wrote in
message ...

Hello

I have a conundrum which is proving very difficult.

I have a month set of data which has each day of the month as a header
and then a series of metrics under each day. What I need to do is sum 7
days worth of historic data from and including today.

in laymans

" if the column header = today then sum inc today the previous 7 days
from this row. "

As you can see i am at a loss. Have tried count, sumproduct etc but
cannot pull it together.

Any help as always greatly appreciated

--
Kstalker