Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TooSimple TooSimple is offline

Default Cut/Paste - Unwanted Macro Execution

Thanks for the quick response, Tom. I'll give your suggestion a try.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Possibly:

Dim vRange As Range
if Target.count 1 then exit sub
if Application.CutCopyMode then exit sub
Set vRange = Range ("C:D")
If Not Intersect (Target, vRange) Is Nothing Then
Call CalcTotalCost 'Multiply values in C and D resulting in E.

Tom Ogilvy

"TooSimple" wrote in message
I have a worksheet containing the headings Description, Quantity, Unit Cost
and Total Cost for columns B, C, D and E, resp. When an entry is made to
the
C or D columns the following procedure runs to compute the Total Cost (C *
D).

Dim vRange As Range
Set vRange = Range ("C:D")
If Not Intersect (Target, vRange) Is Nothing Then
Call CalcTotalCost 'Multiply values in C and D resulting in E.

I would like to allow the user to manually cut the cells in B, C and D
from
one row and paste into another. When I try to execute this cut/paste
process
Excel seems to "freeze up". This is undoubtedly caused be Excel's attempt
execute the code above.

Is there a way that the Worksheet_Change process can be suppressed when
this
cut/paste sequence is performed? Other suggestions or alternate
methodology
would be appreciated.