Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
L. Howard Kittle L. Howard Kittle is offline

Default Display Status Bar Function Results in VBA

Thanks Tom, I'll give it a go.

Regards,
Howard

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Here is a link to some code I posted way back in 1998 that shows how to
change the selection (and restore it)

http://tinyurl.com/2zzlve

in case you wanted to loop through the various functions.

Tom Ogilvy

"L. Howard Kittle" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks Greg and Bob. Very interesting solutions. I appreciate the

Howard

"L. Howard Kittle" wrote in message
. ..
Hello Excel users and Experts,

Excel 2003

Is there a way to display the worksheet status bar values of ADD, MAX,
AVERAGE, et al, via VBA code.

So if I select or reference a few cells with values in them, and have
ADD selected in the status bar can I get a Msgbox or something to
display that value?

And can you change the function of the status bar via VB code. So you
could present something like:

"The SUM of the cells is " 88
"The AVERAGE of the cells is " 33
"The MAX of the cells is " 108

Help on STATUS BAR gives a True or False relevant to displaying the bar,
but no help on displaying the value of the Status Bar.

I have no final goal for this. I found a curious solution in the
newsgroup that used keystrokes to SUM, AVG, etc. same colored formatted
cells with the value displayed in the Status Bar. Wondered if I could
reference the status bar value via code.

I have written my own non-pro code to sum color coded cells on a sheet
and I am aware of Dave McRitchie's true-pro code to do the same thing.

Thanks
Regards,
Howard