Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tinkerbell[_2_] Tinkerbell[_2_] is offline

Default Hung up on Transpose

On Feb 10, 9:45 pm, JLGWhiz wrote:
You would only be able to transpose 245 rows to sheet 15 if you only copy
them so that each column begins on row 1. to get all 2400 rows, for those
sheets that have that many, on sheet 15 it would be necessary to also enter
transposed groups beginning on rows 11, 21, 31, through possibly 101. The
other option would be to use up to 10 new sheets for each old sheet for which
data is transposed. There are only 256 columns across each worksheet. Are
you sure you want to do this?

"Boyd Smith" wrote:
Hi
I am running excel xp on windows xp.
I Have Lots of data on lots of worksheets.All of the data is numbers In 9
cols, A thru I, Most of them have 2400 + rows tho some can be less than 2400
There is No formulas but some of the Cells Have A background color so I need
to keep that.
What Im trying to do is copy seven rows and paste special transpose to sheet
15 A1, Go back get the next seven rows and transpose them to sheet 15 A9
Leaving an empty row ,.Next Seven Rows Transpose to A17 ,Next A25 etc To
The Last Row of the sheet;
In other words Im trying to copy each seven rows on a sheet and transpose
to sheet 15 in the same workbook Leaving An Empty row Beteween each seven
rows
By the way workbook name "Catchall "
I want to repeat this all the way to the last row,
I hope this makes sense to someone that can help me,
Thanks be to all
Oke Doke- Hide quoted text -

HI JLGWhiz
I didnt do a very good job describing what Im trying to do I
apologize,
Here is a different aproach.
My data is in a Workbook"CatchAll" Worksheet Sheet1 In col A 1 Thru
Col i 1 (Nine Cols) Down to Col A2401 Col i 2401

I want to copy the first seven rows(A1:i7) on sheet 1 and pastespecial
Transpose To sheet 15 (A1:i7)
Then copy A8:i14 sheet 1 And PasteSpecial Transpose to Sheet 15
A8:I14 Etc Copy and pastespecial Each seven rows Rows down thru
A2401:i2401 Which will resulti 2743 rows total if we leave a blank
row beteween each seven rows.
There is Nine Cols Of data On sheet 1 That I wish to transpose to
sheet 15 seven rows at a time.
Blabbering on like this I must be getting tired.I hope this will be a
little clearer
Thanks Oke Doke